呐,你们知道杨舒平吗?
算了,一群憨憨,当我没问,
但你一定知道这个:这里的空气是如此的新鲜甜蜜,尽管说起来奇怪,但这对我来说很奢侈。
格外眼熟吧,这就是她的发言
原稿如下:
Goodafternoonfaculty students parents and friends.
各位家长、同学、朋友们,下午好!
I am truly honored and grateful to speak at the commencement for the University of Maryland, Class of 2017.
我很荣幸,也很感激能够在马里兰大学2017届毕业典礼上发言。
People often ask me: Why did you come to the University of Maryland?
人们经常问我:为什么你选择来马里兰大学?
I always answer: Fresh air.
我总是回答:新鲜的空气。
Five years ago, as I step off the plane from China, and left the terminal at Dallas Airport. I was ready to put on one of my five face masks, but when I took 6my first breath of American air. I put my mask away.
五年前,我从中国来到美国,出了达拉斯机场航站楼,呼吸到在美国的第一口空气后,我就丢掉了正准备戴上的五层口罩。
The air was so sweet and fresh, and oddlyluxurious.
这里的空气是如此的新鲜甜蜜,尽管说起来奇怪,但这对我来说很奢侈。
I was surprised by this. I grew up in a city in China, where I had to wear a
face mask every time I went outside,otherwise, I might get sick.
我大感意外。我在中国的都市中长大,每次外出都必须戴口罩,不然的话,我可能会生病。
However, the moment I inhaled and exhaled outside the airport.
所以,当我在机场外面呼吸到第一口空气的时候,
I felt free.
我感到了自由。
No more fog on my glasses, no moredifficultbreathing, no more suppression.Every breath was a delight.
不再有蒙在眼镜上的浓雾,不再有呼吸困难,不再有压抑的生活。每一口呼吸都是一种愉悦的体验。
As I stand here today, I cannot help, but recall that feeling of freedom.
今天站在这里,我情不自禁地回忆起这种自由的感觉。
At the University of Maryland, I assume feel another kind of fresh air for which I will be forever grateful — the fresh air of free speech.
在马里兰大学,我还感到了另一种意义上的自由,一种我会永远感激的自由——言论自由。
Before I came to United States, I learned in history class about the Declaration ofIndependence, but these words had no meaning to me— Life, Liberty and the Pursuit ofhappiness.
在来美国之前,我在历史课上学到了美国独立宣言,那时独立宣言的内容——生命,自由和对自由的追求对我来说没有实际的意义
I was merely memorizing the words to get good grades.
我单纯地记下这些词,仅仅为了拿个高分。
These words sounded so strange, so abstract and so foreign to me, until I came to University of Maryland.
当时那些字句对我来说如此陌生,抽象,直到我来到了马里兰大学。
I have leaned the right to freely express oneself is sacred in American.
我学到了,在美国,自由表达是一项神圣的权利。
Each day in Maryland, I was encouraged to express my opinions on controversial issues.
在马里兰的每一天,我都被激励着在有争议的问题上发表自己的意见。
I couldchallengeastatementmade by myinstructor. I could even rate my professors online.
我可以质疑导师的意见,我也以在线上给老师评分。
But nothing prepared me for the culture shock I experienced when I watched a university production of the play— Twilight: Los Angeles.
不过这些都不能和我第一次看到校内演出的戏剧《黄昏:洛杉矶》(Twilight: Los Angeles)时感受到的文化冲击相比。
Twilight is a play by Anna Deavere Smith about the 1992 Los Angeles Riots
这是Anna Deavere Smith撰写的关于1992年洛杉矶暴乱的一部剧。
The riots followed acquittal of four Los Angeles police officers in the videotaped arrest and beating of Rodney King.
那次暴动的导火线为当地陪审团宣判四名被控“使用过当武力”殴打Rodney King的警察无罪释放。
For six days, the city was in chaos as citizens took to the streets.
6天内,人们走上街头抗议,城市陷入混乱。
In Twilight, the student actors were openly talking about racism, sexism and politics.
在这部剧里,学生演员公开地讨论种族歧视,性别歧视和政治话题。
I was shocked, I never saw such topic could be discussed openly.
我很惊讶,我从来不曾想过这样的话题可以被公开讨论。
The play was my first taste ofpoliticalstorytelling, one that makes the audience think critically.
这部剧是我第一次接触和政治有关的戏剧内容,它让观众辩证地思考。
I have always had a burning desire to tell these kinds of stories, but I was convinced that only authorities on the narrative, only authorities could define the truth.
一直以来,我都很渴望去讲述这样的故事,不过我曾相信只有权威的人才有资格讲述,只有政府才能界定事实。
However, the opportunity to immerse myself in the diversecommunityat the University of Maryland exposed me to various, many different perspectives on truth.
但是,沉浸在马里兰大学这种多远的文化中让我有机会能够接触不同的、多样的视角,去看待事实。
I soon realized that here I have the opportunity to speak freely.
我很快意识到了在这里我有自由发声的机会。
My voice matters.
Your voice matters.
Our voices matter.
我的声音很重要。
你的声音很重要。
我们的声音都很重要。
Civil engagement is not a task just for politicians.
公民参与不仅仅是政治家的任务。
I have witnessed this when I saw my fellow students marching in Washington DC, voting in thepresidentialelection and raising money for support various causes.
我亲眼见到了我的同学们参与在华盛顿特区的游行,参与总统投票,为了各种各样的原因募集资金。
I have seen that everyone has a right toparticipateand advocate for change.
我见证了每个人都有参与、推进改革的权利。
I used to believe that one individual participation could not make adifference, but here we are, United Terps.
我曾以为一个人的能力也许不能做成什么,但是我们在这片土地上,美国。
Together, we can push our society to be more just open and peaceful.
在一起,我们能推进我们的社会,让它变得更开明和平和。
Class of 2017, we are graduating from a university that embraces a liberal arts education that nurtures us to think critically, and also to care and feel for humanity.
2017届的同学们,我们从一所拥抱人文教育、重视思辨能力、关注人道的大学毕业了。
We are equipped with the knowledge of various disciplines and we are ready to face to the challenges of our society.
我们具备了不同学科的知识,并准备好面对社会的挑战。
Some of us may go to graduate school, some us may step into professions and some of us may begin a journey of exploration.
我们中的有些人也许会继续读研究生,有的人会开启自己的职业生涯,有些人会开始求索的历程。
But no matter what we do, remember, democracy and free speech should not be taken for granted.
不过无论我们做什么,记住,民主和言论自由不是简简单单就得到的。
Democracy and freedom are the fresh air that is worth fighting for.
民主与自由是值得我们为之奋斗的、至关重要的新鲜空气。
Freedom is oxygen. Freedom is passion. Freedom is love.
自由就是氧气,自由是热情,自由是爱。
And as a French philosopher Jean Paul Sartre once said: freedom is a choice, our future is dependent on the choices we make today and tomorrow.
就像法国哲学家萨特曾经说的:自由是一种选择,我们的未来就取决于我们在今天做的选择。
We are all playwrights of the next chapters of our lives. Together, we right the human history.
我们为自己的人生写下下一篇章,我们一起,写下人类的历史。
My friends, enjoy the fresh air and never let it go.
我的朋友们,享受这里的新鲜空气,不要放手。
Thank you.
谢谢。
这是一篇非常空洞而且情感浮夸的演讲稿。
单就演讲稿本身的质量来说,是非常糟糕的,甚至连基本的数据罗列都没做到。而且带有严重主观色彩
杨舒平代表中国留学生进行发言,凭借自己的主观臆想,毫无根据、以偏概全、歪曲事实。日常闲聊这么做,顶多说是私德有亏。但是,在国外公开演讲上中这么做,就是在污蔑中国、出卖祖国,为了搏出位在外国黑祖国,取悦了外国人。
但面对如此之人,我国依旧保持大度
2017年5月,外交部发言人陆慷表示,任何一个中国公民对于任何事情都应该做出一个负责任的表态,一个公民在对自己的国家做出评论的时候,是以什么样的方式、在什么样的场合做出这样的评论,我相信所有的人都不难看出他对自己国家的感情。年轻学子留学期间对事情的看法、思想的认识,可能都会有一个发展变化的过程,只要最终他们还是从心底热爱祖国,愿意为自己的祖国做出贡献,相信中国是鼓励支持和欢迎的。
虽然很不甘,但依旧承认,马里兰的地区空气质量昆明好,但它们的差距是什么?
很负责的说不大
这是今日昆明空气质量
而且个人认为与其说空气质量,还不如说说安全问题
她就读马里兰大学帕克分校,而这个校区周边全部是黑人平民区,中国留学生去这个学校都被告知不要一个人出行,因为这个地方每年都会发生凶杀案件。给人感觉基本属于美国的非洲,城建及其落后。留学的学生都认为这个学校就是骗取外国留学生钱的。校区设施不完善,所处的位置又是乡下,当然空气是好的,一无所有的地方,,哪里来污染?
看一下,如果在中国需要戴五个口罩,那么在这里,一定要穿五件防弹夹才能出门了。
后来,由于自身原因又只能定居韩国如今又因为疫情问题她在社交平台上称:“我深爱自己的祖国和家乡,为国家的繁荣发展深感自豪,希望疫情期间尽快回国。云南昆明用自己在国外的所学弘扬中国传统文化。为国家做积极贡献!”
雨果说:“卑鄙小人总是忘恩负义的,忘恩负义原本就是卑鄙的一部分。”
而现在我们又是否该接纳她?
本文仅代表个人观点
无任何嘲讽含义和政治观念
如有冒犯
立即删除
狗头保命
最后于 2020-3-29
被王者之剑哈哈哈编辑
,原因: